The Corona Image hosting by Photobucket

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Big Brother: My Guilty Pleasure

It's sleazy, the premise encourages conflict, and its a cheap way to fame and publicity.

But its bloody addictive to watch, and I'm hooked.

Big Brother 7 just started here in the UK and once again, 9pm every night is must watch tv. What compels me to watch this hodge-podge group of unknown people perform meaningless tasks and argue everyday. Is it the psychologist in me who takes great pleasure in analyzing human interaction and behaviour? Or is it because there are lots of eye candy in the form of very pretty, sexy girls (with the possibility of nudity!) in the house? Or maybe because there is nothing else to watch on British television?

All of the above!

But there is one reason that tops all... I watch because I have an inner desire to be in the house, a participant and not just an observer. If Amazing Race is the reality show I want to be on the most, Big Brother comes in a close second. I do not know why I want to subject myself to intense scrutiny almost 24 hours a day by the public in an enclosed space surrounded by people I can't trust. It's slightly masochistic and egotistical at the same time, yet I still want to join.

So, if anyone can tell me how to join Pinoy Big Brother, please do so!

Life is Beautiful!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home