The Corona Image hosting by Photobucket

Monday, May 15, 2006

Diamond Anniversary

How many people do you know have been together for over 50 years? I certainly don't know many. How about 60 years? I only know of one couple, and that is my Lolo Nonoy and Lola Maring.

Of course, being married for 60 years is a very good reason to celebrate, and preparations were made over a year in advance. The plan was for them to renew their vows in a traditional wedding ceremony followed by a reception. Then Lolo and Lola, along with all of the 10 children and their families would proceed to a rented beach house for a week of reminiscing and relaxation (more on the beach house in a future entry).

As I mentioned in my previous post, people came from as far as the Philippines (I'm the only one that I know came from Europe). My Titos and Titas all did their best to make it. And in the end, all but one of the 10 children were present. Close friends and family were also invited, and it was an intimate occasion. The wedding reception was just as good, as everyone was treated to a presentation chronicling Lolo & Lola's lives from their wedding to the present. Needless to say, many tears of happiness were shed. Kudos to my brother and my parents for creating that presentation.


Our Lady of Mt. Carmen Church in New Jersey


The cute couple with their cute grandson!

This is, to my knowledge, the second time they have renewed their vows. The first time was 10 years ago during their Golden Anniversary, which was held in Boracay. How lucky they are, to have found each other at such a young age (Lola married at 19) and to enjoy life together for 60 years and counting. They have done it all and seen it all. From travelling around the world in first class to taking road trips across the USA in a beat up Hyundai, they have seen and experienced things I can only dream of.

One day... I will follow in their footsteps, holding the one I Love...

Life is Beautiful... especially when experienced with the one you Love!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home