The Corona Image hosting by Photobucket

Friday, May 19, 2006

Yoga Bear

In my pursuit of improving my flexibility, I tried something yesterday that I haven't tried before... Yoga!

After finishing a 5k run on the treadmill (I'm training for a marathon... no joke), I took the opportunity to attend the free yoga class in my fitness centre. I thought it would be the perfect cooldown exercise to lower my heart rate.

For that one hour session, I let my worries melt away and concentrated on my breathing technique and focused on my third eye. Yoga is not as easy as it looks, especially for a very (for lack of better word) stiff person like me. My flexibility was pushed to the utmost limit as we went through the different stances. Fortunately the instructor was very patient with me and constantly reminded the class in her soothing voice to drop all tension from our bodies. And it worked! Although there were times when my hips hurt from trying to stretch too hard, for the most part, my body felt loose and my mind was clear.

I'll attend these yoga classes regularly; hopefully in a few weeks, I will be more flexible... maybe even flexible enough to try some advanced capoeira moves!

Life is Tranquil, Peaceful, Relaxing... and Beautiful!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home