The Corona Image hosting by Photobucket

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Beach House


The beach house that the family rented in Long Beach Island, New Jersey. It was a true beachfront location, with most of the bedrooms having a view of the sea. It was enough to fit everyone (approximately 22 people)!


The view from the top deck. There are no people on the beach for two reasons. The first is that this was taken during a weekday, so there would really be less people around. The second is that it was a cold week! Whenever we stepped onto the terrace of the beach house, we would all have to wear sweaters or jackets to keep warm. And no one dared swim because the water was freezing! I know because I did an early morning jog on our second day there. I did not jog after that. It did warm up during the last 2 days we were there, and thats when the other family members walked along the shores. The cold weather did not stop me from taking pictures though. Here are some of the notable ones...


Seagulls walking along the beach.


The Lighthouse on the tip of the island.


The Sunset...

So why did the family rent a beach house if the weather was so bad? I asked myself the same question when I first arrived. But by the end of the week, I knew why. It was never about the beach at all. It was about all the children (and grandchildren) staying in one house with their parent. Almost everyday was spent gathered around the dining table reminiscing about their childhood days or looking at old pictures smiling and laughing with each uncovered memory. I saw my Titos and Titas in a different light. In short, I experienced what it would have been like when they were all growing up and living in the same house so many years ago. I also saw how proud my Lolo and Lola were of their family and the way their children raised their families.

When it was all time to leave and part ways, there was of course, a sadness in the air. No one knew when the next reunion would be, and if it would be as grand as this. But we all left with nothing but good memories and the hope that one day, a gathering like this would happen again.

Life is Beautiful...

2 Comments:

At 6:32 PM, Blogger cyberlaundry said...

great pictures, baby bear...especially the one with the seagulls.

great memories, too :)

 
At 9:10 AM, Blogger Vince said...

thank you, thank you *bows*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home