The Corona Image hosting by Photobucket

Friday, July 13, 2007

Sleepless Nights and Insights

Since Lucas is just over a month old, I decided to write down some of my thoughts and insights from being his Dad:


It must be really hard being a baby... all they can do is cry to tell us that something is wrong. Caroline and I have a 'fun' time trying to figure out what he wants... feeding? changing? sleep? We have almost no idea! But we are getting better at it. For example, if his face crunches up, legs straight, fists clenched, and he is making gurgling sounds... that means he is pooping! Of course, the smell of it is also a dead giveaway!


Lucas seems to wake up like clockwork during the night to feed. He used to wake up every 2 hours, but now he has a good 5 hour sleep... then he wakes up every 2 hours. I don't even need an alarm clock anymore!


He hates being put down! He normally sleeps on our shoulders or chest during the day. When we set him down in his playpen, bouncer, etc. he knows it! He first opens one eye and looks around, and when he knows we aren't there, he cries! Only when we pick him up does he smile again! My only fear about this is spoiling him... I want him to get used to sleeping on his own!


I sure learned alot in a month! At first, I didn't even know how to carry babies. I used to be scared of babies (and they were scared of me). But now, I am a self-professed expert at carrying them, feeding, and even changing his diaper.

Lucas is Beautiful!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home