The Corona Image hosting by Photobucket

Monday, July 09, 2007

2006 Peachtree Road Race Results

This past 4th of July, I ran my (first) Peachtree Road Race!


I wasn't sure if I could do it... I was afraid because I did not train for this race. I am definitely not as fit as I was last year! The main thing that gave me confidence was the fact that I knew that I had finished a 10k marathon already, so I knew it was possible.


The first 3 miles were a breeze... partly because the weather was cool, but I think mostly because it was almost all downhill. However, Cardiac Hill (appropriately named) was the toughest part of the course, from mile 3 to 4. It was a slow, steady uphill battle that didn't seem to end. There were plenty of times up that hill where I just wanted to slow to a walk. But I didn't, and I finally got to the top of the hill.


I don't really remember the last 2 miles; all I can remember was that I was telling myself that I was past the most difficult part of the course, and that I had gone 2/3 of the race without stopping, so there was no use giving up now. When I turned the final corner onto the final stretch, I felt a surge of energy as I knew that the end was near. And as I crossed the finish line, a huge sense of accomplishment washed over me. I did it!


My time: 1 hour, 10 minutes

Not bad, considering that I didn't train consistently for this 10k. However, it is slower than the 1:06 time I posted in my first 10k last year in Hyde Park. I know I can do better next year if I train harder.


Next... the Buckhead Sizzler, another 10k coming up in September!


La Vita e Bella!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home