The Corona Image hosting by Photobucket

Monday, June 18, 2007

Stitched

I guess it could only happen to me.


While washing the dishes over the weekend, I failed to notice that one of our drinking glasses was slightly chipped. Correction... the glass was chipped for the longest time, but we just never got around to throwing it away.


I guess I scrubbed the chipped area the wrong way, because a piece of glass broke off, and the sharp edge sliced my skin near my thumb. When I realized that I sliced myself, I immediately stopped washing the dishes and applied pressure to the wound, while Caroline got some antiseptic and bandages.


I was quite calm during all of this; Caroline was more worried than me. After cleaning my wound, it looked like it wasn't very deep, it was just very long (and continuously bleeding). My only concern was if there was a piece of glass underneath my skin. Fortunately, there wasn't.


I thought I was fine then, but Caroline convinced me to go to the ER to get it checked. And they did too, putting in 4 sutures to help it heal (it would have healed longer without the sutures). So now, for the past few days, my right hand is partially bandaged. I can't wet it, nor can i put too much pressure on it.

I can't wait to have my sutures removed; I have a basketball game on Saturday!


Life is Beautiful!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home