The Corona Image hosting by Photobucket

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Ipod Prediction

Is there a 6th generation Apple Ipod out yet? If not, allow me to post my prediction on what it will look like. Take note, I have not done any research on what it will or could look like. This is purely based on my observations on the evolution of the Ipod.

I predict that the screen will take up the whole front of the Ipod to maximize the viewing area. Where will the click wheel be? It will be positioned at the back of the Ipod, at the centre. Take a look at my simple computerized drawing using MS Paint. I know its simple but it captures my idea.

How will the user use the click wheel if its in the back of the Ipod? Think about it. For all of you who already have Ipods, how many of you actually look at the click wheel when using your Ipod? The click wheel is intuitive, and your actions directly reflect on the screen. So, one does not need to see the click wheel to use it. Instead, a small, transparent display would pop up on top of whatever is being displayed whenever one touches the click wheel to interface. The biggest change to the user would have to be using the index finger instead of the thumb to manage the click wheel.

What do you think?

Life is Beautiful!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home