The Corona Image hosting by Photobucket

Thursday, September 07, 2006

In the Philippines... But Not Where You'd Expect

I finally have some time to type up an entry, but I am at a loss on where to start. So many things have happened during the past 2 weeks! However, I'll just wait until I upload the pictures from my camera before typing about it. After all, a picture is worth a thousand words...

I would like to point out that I am typing this entry from a remote part of the Philippines. So remote that it is a 2 1/2 hour van/bus ride to the nearest airport (and thats without traffic). So remote that I have to take a tricycad just to satisfy my junk food cravings. So remote that I barely get any television channels.

But I have internet access and my mobile phone signal is strong. Go figure eh?

I'm in a meeting of worlds. On one hand, I am in a very modern place, a whole office and factory (where I work) within walking distance of where I'm staying. But walk outside the gates and you are transported directly into provincial Mindanao (without the terrorists). No traffic, just tricycads (think tricycles but with a jeepney-like rear). Small sari-sari stores and kids playing along the street. And if you close your eyes and listen, you will hear the gentle splashing of waves hitting the coastline.

Bliss...

Pictures to follow!

Life is Beautiful!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home