The Corona Image hosting by Photobucket

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Double Attrition (A Formula 1 Analysis)

Two DNF's for me in the past two races, namely the Turkish and Italian Grand Prix. If only I knew what channel (if any) the races were telecast here in the Philippines. Good thing I have various sources on the internet to satisfy my craving for Formula 1 information!

It looks like all the news has been centered around Ferrari lately. First, congratulations to Felipe Massa on his maiden win. Personally I think its the car and not the driver that contributed more to this win, but hey, I could be wrong. I was never a fan of Massa anyway so I am a bit biased. Still, it is a first win, and sometimes thats all a driver needs to leapfrog into the top tier of drivers.

Next, Michael Schumacher. So, he's whittled down the lead of Alonso down to two points with only three races remaining... this is going to be an interesting end to the season! Alonso didn't help his own cause when he retired from the race due to mechanical problems. Is it just me, or is the Renault team not as reliable as they used to? Could it be because Alonso will be a McLaren driver next season? Conspiracy theories abound!

And of course, Schumacher also announces his retirement from the sport. Love him or loathe him, one cannot deny his driving skill and his role as an ambassador for the sport. He will be sorely missed.

And of course, with Schumachers retirement comes the fairly predictable news that Kimi Raikonnen will be taking over the number 1 seat at Ferrari. As my friend Syd says, its nice to be a mercenary driver like Alonso and Raikonnen... they go wherever they think the fastest car is! It is already shaping up to be an intriguing 2007 season... the drivers championship will be up for grabs.

But first, lets finish the rest of this season!

La Vita e Bella!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home