The Corona Image hosting by Photobucket

Wednesday, February 04, 2009

25 Things... You know the Drill

I am a traveler, not a tourist.

I've lived and/or worked in 4 countries:  Philippines, Canada, USA, England. 

I miss London... and the London countryside.  The sights, the sounds, the people, the friends, the food, the culture, everything!   I left at the time that I felt I could really live there forever.  Three years was way too short.

I still play Street Fighter 2 (Tournament Edition) on my PC via the ZSNES emulator. I never get tired of that game.  Another game that I will always love is Tekken.  I can play both of these games for hours without noticing the time.

Survival Horror games like Resident Evil and Silent Hill scare the sh*t out of me.  To this day, I have the PC game F.E.A.R., and I can't bear to play even through the first level.  I've had this game for almost 3 years now.

I play Capoeira.  I like Bossa Nova.  I like Churascarrias.  I like looking at brazilian models and watching brazilian football players.  Someday, Caroline and I will make the trip to Brazil and see the Corcovado with our own eyes, and replace the Berimbau that I had to sell when I was moving.

Playing Monopoly (and Tekken) with my best friends taught me alot... about my friends, about business, about life.  

I used to be more than 40 pounds heavier than I am now.  I used to work out 6 times a week to shave the weight off.  I gain weight very easily, so its a struggle to maintain my weight... the low-carb diet works for me.

I like to write, but I think my writing needs improvement.  I have a blog: http://onlinecorona.blogspot.com

One time or another in my life I have had the following hobbies:  collecting sports cards (baseball, basketball, hockey), playing M:TG and D&D, watching Anime, collecting comics, assembling scale models, playing video games (on hold)

I'm a PC, Caroline is a Mac.

I've always been a Personal Information Manager (PIM) user.  Filofax, Palm Pilot, and now my phone. I've only recently learned to sync my phone to Outlook... this is a godsend if you are switching phones or if you lost your old one. 

Sometimes I am still in disbelief that I am married, have a child, and another one on the way.

Caroline was never my girlfriend.  But I've been married to her three times!  Our love story would make a great movie!

I like cars, and I like driving them.  I'm the kind of person that tries to clip the apex on every curve.  I'll never be as good as Marc or Chad, but I think I would make a good test driver... on a Formula 1 team, for a car magazine, or as the Stig.  That would be one of my dream jobs.

My musical tastes range so widely; Classical, Rock, Lounge, House, Jazz, ... too many to list.  I do gravitate towards Brit-Rock and Chillout music.

If I didn't take up Computer Science in college, I probably would have taken up Psychology.

Going back to (graduate) school has been one of the best decisions I have ever made. 

"Lost" is one of my favorite shows.  Mind boggling.  The writers of the show are brilliant.

A couple of years ago, I sliced my foot on a rock in Manila Bay when I was about to go dragonboat rowing for the first time.  I didn't feel a thing at first.  It bled so much, I first thought that I stepped on some red paint.  I was then rushed to the hospital where it required several stitches and a tetanus shot... needless to say, I wasn't able to go rowing after that.  I do plan to try rowing again, when I have the chance.

I believe conflict and/or absence makes you closer, better friends...  The power of the key, the broken cigarettes... hehe.

Amsterdam brownies are awesome.

I like to discover something new about the city every week... be it a restaurant, a district, a unique store, etc.  It's nice to explore the nooks and crannies of the city.

If I tagged you, that means I thought about you in at least one of these things while writing this.

I took way too much time writing these 25 things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home