The Corona Image hosting by Photobucket

Friday, December 15, 2006

Television... Redefined

I've just gotten HDTV and I am loving it.

The picture is so clear... When I watch sports, I can see beads of sweat on the skins of basketball players, the blades of grass on the football field. When I watch regular tv shows, I can see the wrinkles on old actresses and pimples on young ones. It's so clear, you can see where the foundation makeup ends and the real skin color begins. And when I watch nature shows on Discovery HD, those panoramic shots of mountains simply take my breath away.

I really can't believe what a large difference in picture quality HDTV makes. When I switch back and forth between HD and non-HD channels, its so obvious. I sure hope they make more channels in high-definition... it really is television redefined. This could make me into a couch potato again!

On another note, I really hate the fact that HD-DVD and Blu-Ray are each gunning for the title of the new format of high definition DVDs. Critics are comparing it to the VHS / Beta wars in the 80's. I don't want to commit to one format now only to realize I made the wrong decision (especially since high def DVD players are over $500). So as much as I would like to watch movies in glorious 1080p, I will have to wait and see who wins the format wars... and hope that the players go down in price to more manageable levels.

Life is Beautiful!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home