The Corona Image hosting by Photobucket

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Work of Art to Work of Art

I love my Ipod. It is my companion whenever I take long trips by train or by airplane. It has made long hours more bearable by allowing me to listen to my catalogue of music. I like its form factor too. Its simple lines, smooth edges and white and chrome colour scheme is truly a beautiful example of a modern work of art.

However, as nice as it is to look and hold, it is extremely susceptible to smudges and scratches. I used to keep it in a little silicone jacket, but I thought it was too generic; alot of people protect their Ipods in cases that add bulk to its slim shape. So I looked in the internet, and a little company in Canada caught my eye.

Gelaskins

They make incredibly thin protection for the Ipod, and with cool designs too. From classic works to abstract designs, there is a gelaskin design for anyone.

I found a design I liked. It's called 'Kurumachi' by Ioworks. I picked it because its a modern graphic design. Its predominantly white too, which I thought preserved the original look of the Ipod. Take a look!

The Front


The Back


The only thing that I didn't like was that it was difficult at first to line up the gelaskin to the screen and click wheel. But after that, covering the rest of the Ipod was a cinch!

Its really not like me to plug a product, but I really like the way my Ipod looks now. It definitely sets it apart from the millions that are out there today!

Life is Beautiful!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home