The Corona Image hosting by Photobucket

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Hello Royal Leamington Spa

Having moved here almost 2 months ago, I think its time to post pictures of the town where I now live. It's called Royal Leamington Spa (Leamington Spa for short) and it about 1 1/2 hours north of London, in the West Midlands.

This is a proper town, where Horsley (my previous place) was more of a village.
I like it here. Everything is walking distance; the mall, the church, the park, and restaurants. And there are lots of things to do here too... I don't have to commute very far to see the sights. Warwick Castle is nearby, and Stratford-Upon-Avon (Shakespeare's birthplace) is not very far either. And being on the trainline directly to London, I can go there if I want to.

Enjoy the pictures!

The Building of my Flat


It's Where Lawn Tennis was Created


The Park Behind My Flat


The Royal Pump Rooms

As its name suggests, Leamington spa was once known for its baths and spa water. It earned the 'royal' prefix to its name when Queen Victoria visited and stayed in Leamington Spa. These used to be the pump rooms where they used to pump water from underground and from the river. Today though, it is a cafe, library, museum, and function room.

The Town Hall


Life is Beautiful!

1 Comments:

At 11:35 AM, Blogger cyberlaundry said...

lintsak ang ganda naman nyan!!!!! it looks like a castle!

haaaaay. buwiset ka talaga ;P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home