The Corona Image hosting by Photobucket

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

World of Coke

During Chad's first day in Atlanta, we immediately went downtown from the airport as I was not able to take him there before. First stop... the World of Coke!


This is the World of Coke... a museum dedicated to that famous drink (not the drug!). Coke was first created in Atlanta, and the Coca Cola company still has their headquarters a few blocks away. The World of Coke is located in downtown Atlanta, in the area known as the Underground. This is where Atlanta started and grew from a town along the railway route to the growing city it is today.


This is me in front of a bottling machine. Its fake, of course. It just moves empty and full bottles around while making strange sounds. Still, its very interesting. Along the walls, you can read about the history of coke, how it was formulated and first sold, as well as the different bottle designs and machines used for creating them.


Chad and I posing with the Coca Cola polar bear, the one who normally appears in the Christmas and winter Coke commercials. We just couldn't resist! Aside from the history of Coke, the museum showcases the different advertisements of Coke through the years. Coke really hasn't changed much over the years, and it really is their marketing which keeps sales up.


Thats one big can of Coke! In the museum, you can try almost all of the different drinks Coca Cola makes around the world. From Powerade to Sprite to a Lychee soda from Thailand, you can sample it all. I don't think the Philippines doesn't have its own drink, although as far as I know, our famous Coke Litro bottle is displayed somewhere!


An even bigger can of Coke! I don't know what it is that interests me about these larger than life models. I even have one picture of me beside an enormous glass of Coke, but I think these pictures are enough. Besides, I rarely drink soda these days!

Is it actually worth going to the Coke museum? I think the older you are, the better you can appreciate the exhibit, especially if you grew up drinking Coke. There is only so much you can learn about soda, and there is far less educational value here than going to an art or history museum. As a tourist, it's worth going if you are in Atlanta. But if you are a resident (or a semi resident like me), then once is enough, because they don't update the museum. Hopefully all of that will change as I hear that they are building a new Coke museum next to the Georgia Aquarium.

Next stop, Stone Mountain!

La Vita e Bella!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home