The Corona Image hosting by Photobucket

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Fatigued

This is the first time in a very long time that I have been hit by jetlag.

As I was sitting on the train from the airport to Horsley, the fatigue suddenly crept in on me like a ton of bricks. Normally after a trip, I would go straight to work, time permitting. As I arrived at 7:30 AM in Gatwick, there was plenty of time during the rest of the day to catch up on the pile of paper on my desk. But this time, I could not wait to get home, despite having slept for most of the 8 hour flight from Atlanta to London. When I got to the flat, I simply took a quick shower and then went to sleep for a few hours!

Wherever I go, no matter what hour of the day I arrive, I try to maximize my time to the fullest. I go straight to the mall to meet friends, or straight to work if its a business trip. I cram as many activities as I can, especially when time is of the essence.

In other words, I work to live.

However, this is what happens when you work hard and play harder straight for about a week and a half. Basketball, karting, moving, sightseeing, shopping, working... the whole week was a flurry of activities. So it really isn't surprising for my body to complain and demand that I get enough rest. Even now as I type this entry, I still feel like I need another 10 hours of sleep which is strange because this is a time in which I would be awake anyway in either side of the Atlantic.

Maybe I'm just getting old, and it is not fatigue, but age creeping up on me... Nah!

Yes, I'm tired, but in a good way, for I am tired not from working, but from living!

La Vita e Bella!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home