The Corona Image hosting by Photobucket

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Creature of Habit

Just the other day, I was buying a newspaper at my local newsagent (convenience store in american speak). As usual, I lifted the newspaper at the top of the pile and took the one just below it. The clerk noticed this and as I was paying for my paper, she told me her observation.

"I don't know why people never take the top newspaper. They are all the same you know."
I just shrugged and replied, "I guess its become an instinct!"
She then told me that alot of people do that too, and we had a laugh about it in the end.

Come to think of it, I don't know how long I have been doing this. I know why I do it; it's because I always associate the top magazine or newspaper as the one everyone picks up to flip through to see if it is worth buying. But even when the top newspaper or magazine is perfectly fine, I still go for the second or third below it.

What are some other human actions that have almost become instinctive?

La Vita e Bella!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home