The Corona Image hosting by Photobucket

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Cannes

Famous for its annual film festival, Cannes is also on the Cote d'Azur.

Greetings from Cannes! This is such a postcard picture.

The beach.

Along that stretch with the hotels are beach chairs and umbrellas that you have to rent for about €20. Aside from the hotels, designer boutiques also dot the La Croisette (the street running parallel with the beach).

The Palais des Festivals. This is where the film festival is held. They also hold other exhibitions throughout the year. It's such an old looking building, I was expecting something a little more extravagant. It looks like the PICC in Manila.

Not all of Cannes tries to be flashy. Behind the hotels and fancy restaurants lies a quaint and historic city. I enjoyed this area more than the stretch of beach.


I honestly don't know what makes Cannes great. I think its just the glamour of the film festival that makes this city famous. Other than that, it is just another stretch of (overcrowded) beach. As I mentioned above, I liked the rural part of Cannes more. Paeng and I were glad we didn't allot too much time to go around Cannes, because there really isn't much to see. I'm sure its different when the film festival comes over, but I can also imagine it to be so crowded as well, full of starstruck fans and tourists alike.

La Vita e Bella!

1 Comments:

At 8:26 AM, Blogger Vince said...

haha... that Tilley hat will start going places... you will see it everywhere!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home