The Corona Image hosting by Photobucket

Saturday, March 11, 2006

More than a Haircut

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the girl cutting my hair today was hitting on me.

I get my haircut in Beijing Hair Salon, in the middle of Chinatown. Not surprisingly, its staff are all chinese, which is good because I would never let a non-asian cut my hair. There's a certain way of cutting fine asian hair that (no offense), alot of non-asians don't know. This is the second time Nicole cut my hair. I requested her because I was particularly pleased with my haircut the first time. She remembered that it had been two months since she cut my hair! Good memory considering the amount of customers that she sees everyday!

I remember doing some smalltalk with her last time... nothing much, just the usual 'are you chinese?' banter that I usually get. I wasn't sure what to talk about this time (I love chatting to the people who cut my hair, girl or gay) so I stayed silent. She then spoke up halfway through the haircut...

"You are Filipino, right? I remember."
"Yeah, I am"
"You look Chinese"
"Yeah, alot of people tell me that"
"Do you live here in London?"
"No, I live outside London... I have to take the train. And you?"
"I live here in central London... very convenient"
"Isn't that expensive, to live in the city?"
"I share with some friends, so its ok. Do you work in London?"
"No, I work outside of London, thats why I live there too"
"Oh I see. Is it your day off today?"
"Yes... I only work Monday to Friday, so I have the weekend off. You?"
"I work 6 days a week, I only have Sunday off... you're so lucky!"

Hmmm.... I thought most people only worked 5 days, so I stayed quiet after that. But that didn't stop her from continuing our conversation.

"Do you like chinese food?"
"Yes, I do"
"How about dimsum?"
"Yes, I like eating dimsum"
"Ooh, there's a nice place to eat dimsum... very close by. The New China Restaurant"
"Ok, I'll keep that in mind" *smile*

At this point, my haircut was finished, so I stood up. She then pointed to the coat rack and asked me which one was my coat. I pointed to it, and as she took it off its hanger, she made a comment about it, saying that it was going to snow today and that my coat was too thin for it. I smiled and made a surprised face, and she responded by telling me that she was just kidding (another flirty moment). I thanked her for my coat and went to the cashier to pay. After paying, I looked back at the salon. She waved and smiled at me, so I waved back and smiled back as I left.

I carried that smile with me the rest of the day!

That is not typical salon girl behaviour. I know it looks routine by my description, but trust me, I am absolutely positive she wanted me to ask her out. If she really did, would I ask her out? Nah... She was cute, but not my type. It was a nice feeling though, to be flirted at and (semi) flirt back!

La Vita e Bella!

1 Comments:

At 8:48 PM, Blogger cyberlaundry said...

o. marunong ka pa pala eh :)enter music: i'm back in the saddle again...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home